Thursday, July 8, 2010

Tonight's Experiment.....Brown Sugar Meatloaf

Seeing as it’s 98 degrees here today and I spent most of the day in a non-air conditioned warehouse, heating up the oven and subsequently, my entire apartment, seemed like the perfect evening project. Meatloaf seemed like a good comfort food and I could use a little comfort this week (but then again, who couldn’t?)! I used the following recipe:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Brown-Sugar-Meatloaf/Detail.aspx

In the tips I read a tablespoon of Worscheschire was a good addition, so I threw that in and also substituted actual breadcrumbs for saltine cracker crumbs. I also used half ground turkey/half lean ground beef. I put the brown sugar/ketchup on top.


The results: Pretty Good (of course, despite the luxury of the fine dining experiences my previous job afforded me, I like everything!). I sort of like my mom’s better! I think next time I will add a little more onion, maybe some celery, a little more seasoning etc. Good, a little sweet, but could used a little more savory.

1 comment: