Tuesday, June 29, 2010

By Popular Demand.....

A certain picky and demanding overnight guest recently requested (read: demanded) waffles for breakfast. Eggos of course wouldn’t due, no matter how many ways I tried to fancy them up. So a waffle iron was purchased (based on reviews and research performed, the cheap one from target was the way to go), www.Allrecipes.com was consulted and a recipe was selected (read: sent to me with a note demanding I make these waffles)

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cinnamon-Pumpkin-Waffles/Detail.aspx

Um, I’m not a big fan of waffles, but these are pretty delicious. And the wheat flour/germ totally makes me believe they’re healthy despite the butter/milk/sugar/etc. The best part? They freeze well! I made a whole bunch at once and froze them individually. I just pop them in the toaster and they’re good to go! Based on feedback, I’m not the only one who thinks so! J I highly recommend this recipe!

3 comments:

  1. YUM. I love waffles. And pancakes & muffins & danishes & well, any breakfast carb! I'm filing this recipe away for future reference (read: Saturday morning).

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! let me know how it turns out for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best waffles are made with puppies.

    ReplyDelete